Learning Tools and Resources
Information is easy to acquire AND useless if you can’t apply it towards real change in your life.
A quick personal note from experience and a lesson learned the hard way:
I thought I had it together (and I did before motherhood). For my entire adult life I’ve had a driving passion for finding truths in all things related to womens health, food, and the way we live. I expanded my education by attending school for nutritional studies, seminars for womens health, countless courses online, you name it… AND you know what? I became a mom and all hell broke loose. Yes I had this knowledge base AND yet no practical tools to keep me centered and stress resilient in this new role. As I journeyed through motherhood meeting the needs of my family, I neglected the needs of myself. I didn’t know just how big the beyond food component of living a life in harmony was. I became desperate for a way to get my old self back (the one who had it together and didn’t stress out). I needed a way to put my knowledge into practical use – simple tools that were easy to grab when needed. Slowly, I built a toolbox.
Lesson learned: Information is easy to acquire, putting it to use is quite different.
- Stop the monkey mind merry go round.
- Restore, create, and keep a peaceful state of tranquility and grace.
- Learn how to prevent stress AND have resilience when you need it.
- Get the guilt and restriction out of your life.
- Learn how to eat for energy, health, and mood.
- Clean your body with food to release toxins and weight naturally.
- Sleep hygiene and secrets to a good night’s sleep.
- Understand the biochemistry needed for restorative rest.
- Balance your hormones to follow our blueprint for design.
- Learn to live from your true strengths in order to have healthy relationships that grow and feed our souls.
- Know your needs and the connections you want for creating healthy boundaries.
- Hold your space, energy, and access to you for true inner vitality.
- No burden exercise by learning to trust your body beyond the sacrifice that’s too often taking place.
- How to be steady and consistent with movement that’s healing.
- Improve your mental strength with a deeper connection between mind – body and the movements we crave.
- Connect with your essential core values.
- Create your path and live from within.
- Stay true to the story of Y-O-U and honor who you really are.
Explore more and share your comments.
We all need a solid grounding to grow from.
What are your core beliefs in life and health?
Here’s a few of mine:
Life is a novelty and it is our gift – embrace each day with a smile. And know that it is possible for you to experience life as a celebration regardless of the inevitable ups and downs that may come your way.
The dynamics of motherhood has to encompass different personalities. Let your children tell you who they are. Learn to listen and truly hear them. There is honesty in their innocence.
Don’t over complicate or compensate. There’s a reason simple is often best. More is not necessarily better, what is it yielding you?
Relinquish your guilt. When you can relax in your parenting (and self) and know that it’s O.K. to be real, you’re free to express yourself openly. Then you can lead by example.
Learn to lead instinctively. Trust that gut feeling and know your limits. Keep things simple, nurturing, respectful, and with much gratitude. And don’t accept that you’re wrong so readily.
It’s your life and your health, own it and thrive. When we eat, we bring from the earth into ourselves. That food becomes our blood, our cells, our organs, our thoughts and whole being. Keep it clean and keep it real. Learn to know what works and own the body you’re in. You’re beautiful.